Live Webcast: Data Breach Class Action Lawsuits on the Rise
Learn how to bullet-proof your company from data breach liability.
On an almost daily basis, U.S. companies become victims of data security breaches through which cyber criminals obtain not just the credit card information of the clients but also the people's home addresses, social security numbers and more. Often, these companies are left with no choice but to face class-action suits which usually demand millions of dollars for settlement.
Join DRM's Matt Borick and four other leading professionals in the data security and privacy realm as they provide an overview of the latest trends with respect to recent data breach class action lawsuits. Speakers will offer best practices in developing and implementing effective data protection measures to minimize the risks of data breach and, consequently, avoid potential liability.
In a two-hour live webcast, the speakers will discuss:
- Understanding the Current Data Breach Climate
- Theories of Liability in Data Breach Class Actions
- An Overview of State Data Breach Notification Laws
- Data Protection and Security Measures
- Key Elements of a Data Breach Response Plan
- Strategies in Adopting Cyber Insurance Policies
- Recent Notable Data Breach Cases
For more information and to register for this event, visit the Knowledge Group Website.
WhenMarch 15, 2016
12:00pm – 2:00pm