Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers
Five Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC attorneys have been named Lawyers of the Year in Vermont metropolitan areas according to research conducted by a third-party rating service.
(Burlington, VT) These five and 17 other DRM attorneys will be featured in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.
The five DRM Lawyers of the Year and their legal specialties are Johan W. E. Maitland, labor law – management, Burlington; John H. Marshall, environmental law, Montpelier; Thomas H. Moody, corporate law, Burlington; Wm. Roger Prescott, tax law, Burlington, and Robert D. Rachlin, medical malpractice law – defendants, Burlington.
Each year, Best Lawyers conducts research into the reputation of attorneys in various fields for inclusion in its book, The Best Lawyers in America®. The designation of one individual in selected high profile legal specialties in large communities as “Lawyers of the Year” was a new initiative begun in 2009. According to the 30-year-old lawyer rating organization, Lawyer of the Year selections reflect the particularly high ratings the attorneys receive from peers for their abilities, professionalism and intellect.
DRM attorneys and the practice capabilities for which they are listed in the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers include:
- Peter D. Van Oot – environment, land use and zoning law
- Wilhelmina Dingemans Miller and Thomas C. Csatari – trusts and estates
- Andre D. Bouffard – bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and litigation
- Kimberly K. Hayden – energy law
- Marc B. Heath – commercial and construction litigation
- Robert B. Luce – commercial litigation and personal injury litigation
- Johan W.E. Maitland and Patricia M. Sabalis – employment and labor law
- Peter B. Kunin – copyright and trademark law and intellectual property litigation
- Lawrence H. Meier – patent and trademark law and patent litigation
- Thomas H. Moody – corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and venture capital law
- Paul H. Ode Jr. – corporate law and mergers and acquisitions law
- Wm. Roger Prescott – tax law and tax litigation
- Robert D. Rachlin – commercial litigation, medical malpractice law, personal injury litigation and product liability litigation
- William W. Schroeder – environmental law and real estate law
- John H. Hollar – government relations and regulatory law
- James C. Gallagher – personal injury litigation
- John H. Marshall – energy law and environmental law
- James G. Wheeler Jr. – corporate and real estate law
Rachlin, one of the firm’s founding partners, has been listed in the publication since its inception 30 years ago. Marshall, Prescott and Wheeler have been listed for at least 15 consecutive years.
Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC is a full-service law firm with more than 60 attorneys and six offices in Vermont, New Hampshire and New York. Downs Rachlin provides legal services to local, national and international clients in practice areas that include bankruptcy and business restructuring, business law, captive insurance, energy and telecommunications, health law, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, real estate and land use, environmental law, tax law and trusts and estates. The firm represents clients in legislative, regulatory and public affairs through the Government and Public Affairs group.
DRM is the exclusive member firm in Vermont for Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience throughout the United States and in more than 100 countries worldwide.