When opportunity knocks, let us help you get your story told.
When the press comes knocking, should you let them in or slam the door? Will your message be buried in small type behind the classified ads, or be featured as the lead story on Page One? Downs Rachlin Martin’s experienced team works with the media regularly. We understand how news is collected. We know the people who are reporting it.
Let our team connect your team.
From posting news releases to prepping for an interview, our team knows the media. As a reporter, Joe Choquette experienced first-hand what news gatherers need and want. As a media specialist with a major university and as executive director of a statewide trade association, he learned to work with the press in a respectful, professional manner. Since joining Downs Rachlin Martin, he has served as the Statehouse eyes and ears for the Vermont Press Association, and regularly participates in VPA meetings and events.
As a public official in Montpelier, John Hollar faces interested news media every week. As a lobbyist at Downs Rachlin Martin, John is accustomed to publicly discussing a client’s position before individual lawmakers, committees and the press.
Downs Rachlin Martin clients reap the benefit of that experience.
Here are some of the most recent accomplishments of Downs Rachlin's Media Relations team:
- Guided a southern Vermont manufacturer through the setup and execution for announcing a major expansion, including a media event led by Governor Peter Shumlin.
- Advised an in-state health care provider about ways to improve its public image despite a hostile media relationship.
- Helped a long-time manufacturer of outdoor sporting equipment to announce a move out of state.
- Managed communication for a large unionized printing operation announcing a closing and relocation.
- Advised a local branch of an international manufacturer about public relations strategies for dealing with a chemical release.
- Assisted a large Canadian company with strategic communication surrounding the acquisition of a well-known Vermont utility.
- Worked with a client and state and federal officials to announce a major land conservation achievement in northwest Vermont.