Real Estate and Transactional
When you know the lay of the land, it's easy to avoid obstacles.
Our experienced telecommunications, real estate, business, environmental and tax lawyers have collaborated to advise telecommunications, wireless, broadband and tower and infrastructure sector clients to structure, evaluate, negotiate and obtain required state and federal approvals for transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, leases, financings, procurement and construction contracts, project development, interconnection agreements, and general corporate, commercial and contract matters.
Specific to real estate, our Telecommunications group is also well-versed in drafting leases/subleases, licenses/sublicenses, easements, and other real estate documents suited to the needs of telecommunications providers, developers, and landlords. With substantial experience in construction and siting, Downs Rachlin attorneys spot significant issues in advising their clients on critical real estate documents. We regularly produce creative, workable documents to address construction logistics, cost-sharing, road maintenance and access agreements with adjoining landowners, entry and testing agreements for due diligence purposes, and other tailored instruments suited to the unique situations confronting our clients’ development projects.
Great coverage in all your service areas.
Working with skilled paralegals, Downs Rachlin also provides efficient title research and review services to ensure that the due diligence associated with wireless or wireline development projects has been investigated. Beyond title reporting, Downs Rachlin prides itself on providing concrete, practical advice to its clients to ensure that clients use the correct instruments and documents to avoid problems in the real estate acquisition and project development process. Singularly focused on our clients’ objectives, Downs Rachlin attorneys regularly engage with Vermont’s title insurance companies to resolve title concerns and secure clients’ coverage while refraining from any conflicting allegiance as title insurance agents.
Well connected throughout the state.
Downs Rachlin attorneys have also developed strong working relationships with significant landholding entities in Vermont for telecommunications-related projects, including the Vermont Land Trust and the Vermont Telecommunications Authority. Our understandings and developed protocols with these and other entities help to ensure that real estate projects can be expeditiously completed to meet a client’s service objectives.
The Downs Rachlin Telecommunications Group has been helping clients achieve their goals for decades. Here are some of their most recent accomplishments:
- Negotiated several first-of-their-kind licenses with the Vermont Telecommunications Authority for new wireless facilities in state forests.
- Obtained uniform easements from multiple landowners along existing access road to allow for permanent telecommunications access, following review and distilment of complicated chains of title for multiple parcels.
- Completed multiple agreements to allow for cost-sharing and apportionment of responsibility for tower reconstruction and upgrade projects in order to refurbish aging assets at prime locations.
- Maximized project management efficiency by abstracting thousands of easement documents using set project budget in order to evaluate potential issues on pole locations throughout Vermont.
- Secured road maintenance agreements and conservation easement consents to eliminate opposition to tower siting projects by adjoining property owners, coordinating with construction and real estate managers to ensure timely execution and delivery of critical documents.
- Reviewed and called-out critical title and right restriction issues for site acquisition portfolios and commercial lending transactions related to wireless development.