199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05402-0190
Solution-oriented business attorney, focused on serving as trusted advisor to investors and companies.
Grant Binder advises a wide variety of investors and companies—from emerging growth companies to established multinational corporations—on a broad range of complex business transactions. He assists clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, complex commercial agreements, securities law compliance, corporate governance and financing transactions. He has extensive experience advising clients on cross-border transactions, particularly in Latin America, and in the food and beverage industry. Grant is a creative thinker who enjoys partnering with clients to find pragmatic, thoughtful and constructive solutions to challenging problems.
Prior to joining DRM, Grant was a senior lawyer at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in New York, where he focused on domestic and international business and financing transactions.
- Represented Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic in the joint acquisition from Banco Santander of a 50 percent stake in Santander Asset Management, and the subsequent combination of Santander Asset Management with Pioneer Investment Management.
- Advised a private equity fund in the sale of its interest in a distributor of IT products based in Miami, Florida.
- Regularly represents borrowers and issuers in the private placement of bonds and in traditional bank-led credit facilities. Since 2011, he has led teams closing more than 40 debt offerings and numerous syndicated credit facilities. Clients have benefited from his familiarity with a wide variety of debt instruments and his ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Advises corporate clients in the drafting and negotiation of a variety of operational agreements, including franchise, distribution and long-term supply agreements. Clients have benefited from his ability to craft bespoke agreements that address the particularities of a given business arrangement and the negotiating skills to bridge differences between parties.
- For over a decade, represented a publicly-traded U.S. corporation with respect to its operations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Recently aided a non-profit social investment fund in the private placement of notes and in connection with the potential expansion of its international operations.
New York University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2003; Journal of International Law and Politics, Executive Editor; McKay Scholar; Journal of International Law and Politics Prize
University of Iowa, B.A. Russian, 1996
New York, 2005
- American Bar Association: Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee Member
- International Bar Association
- NYU School of Law International Transactions Clinic, Supervising Attorney (2015-2017)
199 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05402-0190ph: 802-863-2375
cell: (917) 520-5242