Montpelier, VT 05602-3176
Government affairs specialist advocating on behalf of businesses for conscientious, focused change.
With Vermont roots running deep and with a profound commitment to community, Becky Lewandoski is well-acquainted with the issues that face the state. Becky uses her strong relationship-building skills and connections in the community to leverage the legislative process to the benefit of her clients.
Becky joins DRM having spent five years as program coordinator at the Upper Valley Trails Alliance in Norwich, Vermont, where she worked with several area schools and businesses, coordinating educational programming, fundraising and community events. Before that, she served on Vermont Senator James Jeffords’ staff for three years, learning the intricacies of lawmaking.
- Implemented the Passport to Winter Fun Program in 30 elementary school- helping over 4000 students a year to get outside and get active during the winter
- Successfully secured grant funding to support trail projects and programs in the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire over the past five years
- Helped develop and run the very successful Upper Valley High School Trail Corps
Vermont Law School, J.D. and M.S. Environmental Law, 2003
Middlebury College, 1997
School for International Training, Ghana, West Africa, 1995
- HealthHub School Health Clinic, Board Member
- Upper Valley Trails Alliance, Volunteer
Spreading the Liability Net: Overcoming Agricultural Exemption with EPA’s Proposed Co-Permitting Regulation under the Clean Water Act, 27 Vt. Law Rev. 149 (2003)