Mr. Rachlin has lectured to bar groups and associations nationwide and internationally on trial advocacy and mediation and has authored a lead article in the Albany Law Review on education labor law. In April, 2006, he delivered the seventeenth annual Harry H. Kahn Memorial Lecture at the University of Vermont on "Carl Schmitt and the Jurisprudence of Exclusion." He presented his paper, "What was Jewish about the 'Jewish Influence' on German Law as Viewed by Nazi Legal Theorists?" at the 11th Lessons and Legacies Conference, a widely recognized conference of Holocaust scholars, in Boca Raton, Fla., in November 2010.
Mr. Rachlin co-edited (with Professor Alan Steinweis of the University of Vermont) a collection of scholarly essays entitled The Law in Nazi Germany: Ideology, Opportunism, and the Perversion of Justice, published in March, 2013 by Berghahn Books (Oxford and New York). He contributed an essay to that volume: Roland Freisler and the Volksgerichtshof: the Court as an Instrument of Terror.
He has published other scholarly articles and book chapters in publications on the Holocaust, and has also published articles on technology and the law, on aviation, and book reviews.
A sampling of articles published by Mr. Rachlin includes:
Author, What was “Jewish” about the “Jewish Influence” on German Law as Portrayed by Nazi Legal Theorists, in Hilary Earl and Karl A. Schleunes, eds., Lessons and Legacies XI, (Evanston: Northwestern University Press, 2014), pp. 250-261
- Author, Anthony Haswell: Editor and Balladeer, 5 The Walloomsack Review (May 2011)
- Author, The 1798 Sedition Act and the East-West Political Divide in Vermont, 78 Vermont History 123 (Summer/Fall 2010)
- Author, Review: Carl Schmitt - Constitutional Theory, published on H-German in H-Net Reviews (October 2009)
- Author, From Weimar to Auschwitz: Carl Schmitt and the Jurisprudence of Exclusion from Wolfgang Mieder and David Scrase, eds., Reactions to the Third Reich: Then and Now, pages 23-50 (The University of Vermont Center for Holocaust Studies, Burlington, Vermont, 2009)
- Author, Review: Schmitt, Carl - The Concept of the Political, published on H-German in H-Net Reviews (October 2007)
- Author, Seven Habits of Effective Lawyers, 33 Vermont Bar Journal 1 (Summer 2007)
- Author, Review: Paul Orgel, piano - Music from the Holocaust (CD), 10 Bulletin of the Center for Holocaust Studies No. 2, page 6 (Spring 2006)
- Author, Review: Diemut Majer - Non-Germans” under the Third Reich: The Nazi Judicial and Administrative System in Germany and Occupied Eastern Europe, with Special Regard to Occupied Poland, 1939-1945, 9 Bulletin of the Center for Holocaust Studies No. 1, page 13 (Fall 2004)
- Author, Felix Kersten: Himmler’s Doctor and the Eleventh-Hour Rescue Operation from David Scrase, Wolfgang Mieder, and Katherine Quimby Johnson, eds., Making a Difference: Rescue and Assistance During the Holocaust: Essays in Honor of Marion Pritchard (The University of Vermont Center for Holocaust Studies, Burlington, Vermont, 2004)
- Author, Growing Old With Judge Posner, 29 Vermont Bar Journal 20 (Summer 2003)
- Author, Review: Bezalel Naor - Kabbalah and the Holocaust, 7 Bulletin of the Center for Holocaust Studies No. 2, page 11 (Spring 2003)
- Author, The Perils of E-mail, Interface Now (December 21, 2001), reprinted as, Examining the Perils of E-mail, Northern New England Technology Newspaper (January 2002)
- Author, Managing Litigation Risk and Cost, DRM Newsletter (2002)
- Author, Review: Alan M. Dershowitz - The Genesis of Justice, The Vermont Bar Journal (December 2001)
- Author, Finland’s Jews and the Final Solution from Wolfgang Mieder and David Scrase, eds., Reflections on the Holocaust: Festschrift in Honor of Raul Hilberg (The University of Vermont Center for Holocaust Studies, Burlington, Vermont, 2001)
- Author, How were they Saved? Finland, the Second World War, and the Jews, 3 Bulletin of the Center for Holocaust Studies No. 2, page 7 (Spring 1999)
- Author, Review: Raul Hilberg - The Politics of Memory, 2 Bulletin of the Center for Holocaust Studies No. 1, page 8 (Fall 1997)
- Author, Developing Labor Law for Vermont Teachers, 40 Albany Law Review 733 (1975-1976)