Environmental Law & Land Use
Lawyers who know the lay of the land can help you reach your land use goal expeditiously.
If you have plans to use or develop property, there is broad range of laws that impact how, or even if, those plans will be realized. While you keep your focus on your ideal outcome, you need a team working for your that can foresee the potential road blocks to achieving your goal, before they even crop up.
As lead counsel to industrial, commercial and municipal entities faced with significant environmental, regulatory and compliance issues as well as real estate developers and resorts pursuing large-scale permitting projects, Downs Rachlin Martin's Environmental Law and Land Use team has just that capability. With sharp legal skills, in-depth experience, regulatory relationships, and technical understanding, the team has the comprehensive knowledge to address a full spectrum of environmental, regulatory and land use needs in Vermont and New Hampshire.
Downs Rachlin Martin's Environmental Law and Land Use team was lead counsel for each of the following permitting projects:
- Act 250 Master and Construction approvals for three major Vermont ski areas (Mt. Snow, Burke Mountain and Killington/SP Land).
- Building a 37,500 sq. ft. yogurt manufacturing facility and 23,013 sq. ft. expansion for Commonwealth Dairy LLC, in Brattleboro, Vermont.
- Grafton Village Cheese Company Cheese Manufacturing Project, Brattleboro, Vermont.
- Bennington Landfill/Kocher Dump, Darling Hill, Parker Landfill and Pine Street Barge Canal Superfunds Sites, Bennington, Lyndon and Burlington, Vermont.
- US EPA Lead Abatement/Clean Air Act, US EPA SPCC/Clean Water Act and Vermont Agency of Natural Resources solid waste enforcement matters.
- Lead counsel at Pine Street Canal Superfund Site in Burlington, Vermont.