Lebanon, NH 03766-1461
Dynamic trusts and estates attorney, bringing fresh thinking and valuable experience to the estate planning process.
Passionate about estate planning and committed to helping clients achieve their personal objectives, Alison Sherman effortlessly navigates the intricacies of state and federal tax law to help clients accomplish their goals in an efficient manner.
Alison assists clients through the process of estate administration, charitable giving, estate, gift and generation skipping planning, tax and asset protection planning. As a member of the business law group, she also works with companies, management, shareholders and individuals in a variety of corporate, commercial and real estate transactions.
- While in law school, Alison clerked for a boutique estate planning firm in Boston’s Back Bay for two years, representing and advising clients, drafting estate plans, preparing premarital agreements and assisting with trust funding.
- Extensively researched the impact of the Windsor decision on estate planning for non-traditional families and assisted such families from throughout the country in developing their estate plans to fit their particular state’s laws.
- Researched the changing probate code in Massachusetts and assisted in the development of a law school class in Estate Administration that mirrored these changes in the law.
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2014
Grove City College, B.A. English, cum laude, 2011
Middlebury College, attended 2009-11
New Hampshire, 2015
- American Bar Association, 2014
- Boston Bar Association, 2014
- Boston Estate Planning Counsel, 2014
- Co-Author, Defending Your Assets From Creditors: State Protections on 529 Plans; CCH Financial and Estate Planning (January 2014)
- Contributor, Whether to Wed: A Legal and Tax Guide for Gay and Lesbian Couples (Squillace & Associates, P.C. 2014)
Lebanon, NH 03766-1461ph: 603-448-2211