Lebanon, NH 03766-1461
Experienced Trust and Estates Attorney helping clients attain their goals.
For over 30 years, Willemien Dingemans Miller has focused her practice exclusively in Trust and Estate Planning and Administration. She guides individuals and families in complicated and diverse family and marriage situations through the sometimes difficult estate planning process, resulting in the formulation and implementation of estate plans that accomplish the goals of the clients.
Willemien helps clients achieve their asset management and distribution goals while navigating state, federal, and international taxation issues. With her extensive knowledge and experience, Willemien quickly understands each client's unique situation and is adept at providing innovative options to address client needs and objectives
Working with clients to clarify and flesh out distribution and financial goals, she identifies alternative opportunities for her clients to consider so that they can make informed decisions in putting together a customized and comprehensive estate plan. Willemien has also successfully guided many families through the often complicated and emotional process of administering the estate and trust after the death of a family member, including the preparation of estate tax returns and distribution of assets.
- Has helped individuals and families who own their own business sort through the trust, estate, and business planning issues that arise in the disposition and/or succession planning for the business.
- Works with families to develop practical legal solutions for long-term ownership of vacation properties in the United States and foreign countries.
- Regularly advises clients regarding how best to structure US ownership of anticipated large foreign gifts and inheritances and helps implement new ownership structures.
- Has guided many individuals and families in complicated and diverse family and marriage situations through the difficult estate planning process, resulting in the implementation of estate plans and accomplishing the goals of the clients.
- Consults with clients to define and implement goals in protecting assets for the benefit of disabled and spendthrift beneficiaries.
- Advises high-net-worth and other clients regarding the disposition and protection of assets, including intellectual property rights, in creative ways that maximize tax savings.
- Advises fiduciaries and beneficiaries on their rights and obligations.
University of Virginia School of Law, LLM, with honors, 1987
University of Nijmegen School of Law, The Netherlands, J.D., with honors,1985
New Hampshire, 1994
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow since 2000
- Vermont State Chair for ACTEC from 2005-2009
- Vermont Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association: Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Connecticut Valley Estate planning Council
- American Bar Association: Probate and Trust Law Section; Real Estate, Probate and Property Section
Selected by peers for recognition in the area of trusts and estates in The Best Lawyers in America©, Best Attorneys® in New Hampshire, and New England Super Lawyers since 2008.
Willemien currently serves on the Board of Directors of Vermont Public Radio, the Ledyard Financial Advisors Advisory Board, and the Ledyard Financial Group Board of Directors. She has served on boards and committees of non-profit organizations in the Upper Valley and the Northeast Kingdom.
Willemien Dingemans-Miller & Christopher Stoneman, Estate Planning for Owners of Closely Held Business Interests, Tax Management Portfolio Estate, Gifts and Trusts Series No. 809-1st (Bureau of National Affairs, 2001)
Willemien has lectured and participated in panel discussions for the Vermont Bar Association, the New Hampshire Bar Association, the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, and private groups on a wide range of trust and estate planning topics.